-
November 9th, 2002, 09:44 AM
#1
tfunch24
Guest
Since Pac Lab now sells the Pro8mm negative stocks (though they don't process it; Pro8mm does that), I thought I'd pick up a roll of negative film and try to transfer it on my own, using the techniques that posters have described on this board.
One question: when Pro8mm (or any lab offering negative film) processes your negative film, do you get it back on a reel like reversal film, or do they hold it hostage until you cough up the money to pay for the Rank transfer?
Tom
-
November 9th, 2002, 10:24 AM
#2
TA 152
Guest
Check; http://pro8mm.com/us/pack_frm.htm

Processing only no transfer. Back on a reel unconditional I asume.
I know the "package deals" comes back on reels as well as DV or BETA or whatever video format cassette you preffer.
R
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ November 09, 2002 06:28 AM: Message edited by: S8 Booster ]</font>
-
November 9th, 2002, 11:46 AM
#3
tfunch24
Guest
Thank you very much.
I know the cost of film included processing and did not include Rank transfer. I just wondered if you got the film back on a S8 reel or not.
I've got to stop posting so early in the morning; it's just one of the banes of working third shift.
Tom
-
November 9th, 2002, 06:46 PM
#4
Inactive Member
Pro8mm will cost me 207.95 dollars for only three rolls of colors negative since I found yale do process that cost me 177.75.dollars. I want format on dvd that pro8mm charge me 25 dollars and yale charge only 4.95 dollars. try yale for colors negative process and transfer,... Pro8mm is expensive... Jerome
-
November 9th, 2002, 07:56 PM
#5
tfunch24
Guest
Don't get me started on Yale.
I've never violated any of their guidelines, I'm not filming anything they'd consider taboo, but I'm still not using them.
Don't ask why, either.
Tom
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ November 09, 2002 03:57 PM: Message edited by: tfunch24 ]</font>
-
November 9th, 2002, 08:01 PM
#6
tfunch24
Guest
Just to add to my last post:
I'm only having processing done by whomever Pac Lab outlabs to (heck, I might just throw caution to the wind and just deal directly with Pro8mm). I'm going to try doing the transfer myself with my own telecine transfer equipment and utilizing the techniques that have been discussed on this board.
As far as I know, Pro8mm is the sole provider of S8 negative film--no matter what vendor sells it to you. Correct me if I'm wrong but that $35 w/processing included is the standard price, no?
Enlighten me if I am incorrect in my assumptions.
Tom
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ November 09, 2002 04:14 PM: Message edited by: tfunch24 ]</font>
-
November 9th, 2002, 10:48 PM
#7
Inactive Member
you can buy Vision 200 negative from Kodak.
-
November 10th, 2002, 12:36 AM
#8
tfunch24
Guest
Stupid me. I forgot about Kodak's Vision 200T stock.
Tom
-
November 10th, 2002, 12:46 AM
#9
Inactive Member
I got 200T from kodak. Pac Lab just informed me that they do not process colors negative. i've found only two places are pro8mm and yale. Which one would be reliable, Not speak of price but images?
-
November 10th, 2002, 01:31 AM
#10
tfunch24
Guest
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Jerome Cain:
Pac Lab just informed me that they do not process colors negative. i've found only two places are pro8mm and yale. Which one would be reliable, Not speak of price but images?</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
I never said Pac Lab processed negative film; I said they outlabbed it to Pro8mm.
I don't know which lab would yield a higher quality image. Anyone?
Tom
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks